Both Emiratis and certain categories of residents in the UAE need to apply for a visa before traveling to the USA. So if you’re heading to the USA for leisure or business purpose and you’re not eligible for any USA visa waiver program, come check out this extensive guide with all relevant information on how to apply for a USA visa from Dubai or UAE.
This includes nationalities exempted from obtaining visa plus step by step visa instructions and document required, along with FAQs and all useful tips to ensure the approval of your USA visa.
Nationalities That Don’t Need A Visa For The USA Visit
Under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program imposed by the US Government, the citizens of 39 countries across the Asia Pacific, Europe, and South America are allowed for visa-free entry, provided they are traveling to the USA for business, tourism, or transit purpose only. This also comes with the eligibility of a 90 day stay in the country. The list of countries includes:
Apparently, all other nationalities who are not entitled to this Visa Waiver Program should mandatorily apply for a US visa. Subject to your purpose of visit, there are immigrant and non-immigrant US visas.
Types Of USA Visa For Your Business Or Tourism Purpose
Depending on the purpose of your US visit, you can opt for a:
- B1 Visa or the Business Visa
- B2 Visa or the Tourist Visa
Both these visas fall under the category of the US non-immigrant visas that are issued to people who are traveling to the USA from Dubai on a temporary basis. While B1 Visa is most ideal for people traveling to the US for business needs, a B2 visa is recommended for general US travel purposes.
Step By Step Guide On How It Works
Step 1: Contact a Reputable Service Provider
As the procedures involved in the application of a USA visa may appear to be a bit intricate, it’s highly advisable to get this job done through an expert service provider. At Rayna Tours, we‘re a specialist in diverse international visa packages and hence can assure you of the reliable services for the approval of your USA visa. Our knowledgeable team will provide all assistance in choosing the right USA visa plus how to accurately fill out the US Department of State DS-160 form.
Author’s Recommendation: Save some money with our guide to the most excellent hostels in New York City!
Step 2: Collect all Documents Essential for the Online Application Form
You’ll need the following documents for the successful completion of your online application form.
- Passport with a validity of at least six months from the date you plan to enter the US
- Your recent passport size photograph
- Travel itinerary
- If you’ve already been to the US, you may need to show details of your previous five trips to the US.
- Educational qualifications
- Work history
- Details of debit/credit card or PayPal account
Editor’s Note: You might also like to look at our best hostels recommendation in Toronto.
Step 3: Fill out the online DS-160 form
Important things to consider for this step
- Make sure that you provide only accurate information.
- The majority of questions entail your answers to be self-explanatory. However, there will be clear instructions or explanations wherever required.
- Duly fill in all mandatory fields.
- While completing the application, there are chances that you may lose all information completed so far, especially if you happen to be away from your system for more than 20 minutes.
- It would be wiser to save your application either briefly on the website itself or more preferably on your system; this would help you to easily resume from where you left off before.
- Be sure to review all the entered information thoroughly before you submit.
- Once you successfully complete the application, print the visa application confirmation page.
Step 4: Make Visa Fee Payment
The next step is to make the consular fee payment. Get in touch with our experts who will efficiently help you to get through this step.
Step 5: Schedule of Visa Appointment
Once the payment part is done, our team will coordinate with the relevant authorities in order to fix your interview appointment date and time at the US consulate or embassy.
Recommended Article: Looking for the Marvelous hostels in Hawaii? Check out our amazing Guide!
Step 6: Attend the interview with all relevant documents
Visit the US embassy or consulate on the appointed date. Make sure that you carry all mandatory documents such as:
- Printed confirmation page of the completed DS-160 form
- Printed details of visa fee payment
- Appointment confirmation details
- Your valid passport along with your old passports (only if you had traveled to the US in the past)
- Your two-color photos which should meet the following specifications
- It should be taken against a plain white background
- Its size should be 51 X 51 mm
- Make sure that you don’t put on any accessories or spectacles that cover your face
- It’s taken within a period of six months
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your US trip
- Bank statements detailing the last three months’ transactions, ensuring that there is enough funds in your account to support your US visit.
- Copy of your employment contract
- Titles of your asset or property lease
- A detailed copy of your itinerary
- Copy of your air travel details, if you’ve already booked your flight tickets
- Invitation letter from the American company or your family or friends in the US (only if applicable)
- If you’re traveling to the US upon the receipt of an invitation, submit the details of the conference organizer or your dear ones’ status in the US
- Medical details (if you’re traveling to the US in order to undergo a medical treatment)
Now as that you’ve all required documents, take the interview while answering all of the consulate team’s questions about your US trip honestly and confidently.
Recommended: Check out our guide about the BEST hostels in Dubai!
Step 7: Obtain your USA Visa
Following the prompt completion of all formalities, you’ll finally receive your passport with the USA visa stamped in it.
Top Things To Note For The Application Of Your USA Visa From Dubai
- Submit your USA visa application, along with all required documents, at least three to four months prior to your estimated date of US travel.
- It’s highly advisable to book your US hotel accommodation and airline tickets after the approval of your USA visa.
- Know that your B1 visa is allowed only for activities like business negotiations, solicit sales, make purchases, attend meetings/conferences, and research purposes. In fact, it’s strictly illegal to run a business, study, or take employment in the US with your B1 or B2 visa.
What is a B1/B2 US Visa?
A US B1 / B2 visa is a non-immigrant visa mainly issued for your business or leisure trip to USA.
What is the validity and length of stay of a US B1 / B2 visa?
A US B1 / B2 visa is a multiple entry visa, valid for 10 years from the date of its approval. Once you enter the country, you’ll be able to stay in the US for a maximum of 180 day per your each visit.
Should I adhere to any vaccination procedures before my US trip?
You’ll need to take yellow fever vaccination only if you’re traveling to US from the countries with high risk of its transmission.
How long will it take to process my US visa application from Dubai?
It takes more than 10 weeks to process your US visa. Once all the procedures are completed and your US visa is approved, your passport will be sent to you through the postal courier service.
What if my US visa application gets rejected?
In case your visa application gets rejected, you can reapply for an US visa. But you’ll need to make visa fee payment and compile all relevant documents in order to avoid its refusal this time.
The US is a dream destination for many; however, its application procedures may be a bit complicated which even sometimes leads to its denial. So contact our experts who would go extra lengths to maximize the chances of the approval of your USA visa.